Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3859

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 252

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 257

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 270

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 273

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; chain has a deprecated constructor in /home/speedrac/public_html/forum/Sources/TPSubs.php on line 612
NASCC Ice Race 2009 Event 1

Author Topic: NASCC Ice Race 2009 Event 1  (Read 3777 times)

Offline speedracer

• For hire - Will drive
  • Administrator
  • Boost pwns jo!
    • View Profile
    • speedracer.ca
NASCC Ice Race 2009 Event 1
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »
First Race of the season:

Dave, Ryan, and Dom came out to pit crew.

It was a sea of neons as I get into the parking lot - Awesomeness!

It just brings a smile to my face to see so many neons out on the track. It was just me and Doug Knight back in the day.

I'll write more as I upload the pictures and videos.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:12:15 PM by speedracer »

Offline speedracer

• For hire - Will drive
  • Administrator
  • Boost pwns jo!
    • View Profile
    • speedracer.ca
Re: NASCC Ice Race 2009 Event 1
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »

The red teg has been slated for Ice racing duty. It came back involved in a slight mishap with Dave's Civic.

Since the car came back in less than straight conditions lots of things needed to be worked on. I came in much later to help out due to work commitments.

The interesting tidbit
- Heater died. It's one of those MUST have working parts. The first thing I see is that no lights are running for the HVAC unit. Checking the obvious first - the fuse. It's a 7.5A fuse since it's really only used to power up the control unit (Heater main relay/Power Control Unit - Engine fuse box).  I pull the fuse out and it looks good. Plug it back in - still no power. Rick had just replaced that fuse so I didn't look past it after.

- not a big deal, possible relay failure or the main fuse is dead. Nope - relay is ok, re checked the fuse via volt meter - still looks good... So now I'm stuck. Testing for power will suck since i have to go through the HVAC unit.

In the mean time lets assume the fan is dead lets jump the fan - I pull the fan out and test the fan - hmm no power. Possible dead fan motor? No, wait no power going through the relay which means the fan will not jump (doh!).
(If you want to know you can jump the fan by grounding it out - the Black/Blue wire needs to be grounded out IF there is power going to the unit from the HVAC if not then you need to send power to it the normal 12V way)

After all that I still could not see why no power was going through to the HVAC unit. It's possible some engine harness might have gotton crunched from the crash or some power spike hit the HVAC unit. Either case, It means wire tracing :(

I put everything back except the HVAC unit and go back and re test all the fuses
o Fuse's still test out ok
o Found a bad wire in the power unit underneath the battery tray

2 Days later I come by and Dave trouble shoots the problem in less than 5 minute. The 7.5A fuse was blown. The same fuse I checked... twice - lol I'm guessing. It now runs 20A... lol

7 am at Rob's Lake

It was a balmy + 4c :) and most of us are awake after leaving Calgary at 6 AM.

I go snap off a few pictures before it gets busy - the track and with myself with pit duties:

The View from the last corner to the straight

Just infront of the trailer

The "zamboni" for ice racing

And then this catches my eye as they set up

Hi

And so we have a little pep talk - No flipping allowed :D

More in the next post.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:17:01 PM by speedracer »

Offline speedracer

• For hire - Will drive
  • Administrator
  • Boost pwns jo!
    • View Profile
    • speedracer.ca
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »
Is there really an off season when it comes to racing?

o Signed up to pit crew and hoped I didn't sign up to frost bite  :nuts: ...but it's racing!

The only problem is being up at 5 am driving from cowtown to Telford Lake in Leduc. Did I mention 5 AM?  :cry: So, not a morning person.

The drivers meet

One of the guys chit chated with Dom, Ryan, and Dave on the neons that are running the spec series and how it was a longer meeting than it had to be.

Info on the Neon Spec series :)
http://www.nascc.ab.ca/iceinfo/NeonRules2009.pdf

I do miss Apex Performance :(

More next posting:

Kevin passing Corner 1
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:18:14 PM by speedracer »

Offline speedracer

• For hire - Will drive
  • Administrator
  • Boost pwns jo!
    • View Profile
    • speedracer.ca
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »
A little love from Kenny

A little Advertising for Bula Enterprises Millwrights
Kevin, Rick

Rick sharpening

I was able to capture a very cool speed shot:

Not just once so it's not a fluke :D

It was great weather for ice racing. Sunny, warm, and no drama in the pits :) I was able to snap off a few pics but I messup on the ISO settings. I forgot that the default for Cannon is 400 ISO so the photo's are not as sharp as they should be.

With some photoshop created a GT ghost car

Very quick edits I added in multiple images together (I didn;t spend much time in cleaning the images up - just a neat idea I though of):

Corner 1

RX7 Sideways

Magna - It's amazing how much is put into an ice racer

Saftey Always on hand

Bumper love

Being on ice the first time there's always this fear of falling through. This doesn't help:

All the pictures can be found here:
http://www.speedracer.ca/forum/v/racing/2009/NASCC/ICE1/

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:19:00 PM by speedracer »